Use a shortcut to define frequently used code once and then reference it in many places thus reducing code redundancy. For example, you can create a shortcut to define a page control such as a button, HTML text, a PL/SQL procedure, or HTML.
You can use a shortcut within the following locations:
- The Region Source attribute of regions defined as HTML Text (with shortcuts).
- Region Header and Footer Text attribute.
- Item Label attributes, Pre Element Text, Post Element Text, and Default Value attribute.
- Region Templates attributes.
Under the shared components we have pretty awesome feature of APEX shortcut.
We have several source type available to populate the shortcut variables. * PL/SQl Function body
* HTML Text
* HTML Text with Escaped Special Chars
PL/SQL function can be followed by:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION get_date RETURN DATE AS BEGIN RETURN SYSDATE; END get_date;
Two types of common shortcuts can be like below.