Substitution Strings in Oracle APEX | Ontoor Concepts #3
Substitution strings in Oracle Apex are a way to dynamically replace values in SQL or PL/SQL statements. These strings are used as placeholders that are replaced with actual values at runtime.
You can use substitution strings in many places within Oracle Apex, including:
- SQL statements: Substitution strings can be used in SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements to replace values.
- PL/SQL code: Substitution strings can be used in anonymous blocks, stored procedures, and functions.
- Page computations: You can use substitution strings in page-level computations to perform calculations or data manipulations.
- Branches: Substitution strings can be used in the URL of a branch to pass values from one page to another.
- Dynamic actions: Substitution strings can be used in dynamic actions to manipulate page elements or perform server-side processing.