Sometimes user don’t want to go with a default navigation menu then on those cases will go ahead with a dynamic navigation menu so today I will let you know how you can create a dynamic navigation menu.
- Create a table with following this SQL script:
CREATE TABLE "NAVIGATION_MASTER" ("LEVEL" VARCHAR2(100), "NAV_NAME" VARCHAR2(100), "PAGE_NO" VARCHAR2(100), "PARENT_ID" NUMBER, "NAV_ID" NUMBER, "ICON_IMG" VARCHAR2(50) ) /
- Create a Name “Custom Navigation” and Choose the type Dynamic.
- Copy and Paste the following SQL script:
select LEVEL "level", NAV_NAME "label", decode( connect_by_isleaf, 0, '','f?p=&APP_ID.:' || TO_CHAR(PAGE_NO) || ':&SESSION.:::::' ) target, 'YES' as is_current, decode(nvl(ICON_IMG, 'A'), 'A', '', ICON_IMG) image from NAVIGATION_MASTER start with PARENT_ID is null connect by prior NAV_ID = PARENT_ID order siblings by NAV_NAME desc
- Go to Shared Components»User Interfaces then Change Navigation Menu List from Desktop Navigation menu to “Custom Navigation” which I have created.
- Create a form on apex page with a default process based on the table “Navigation_Master”.
- Now Enjoy! you can create your own navigation menu directly from pages.