Legacy APEX POP UP LOV generally has one display column and one return column. What if we need to display more information to the user to search on.
- Create a POP-UP LOV item.
select ename as d, empno as r from emp order by 1
Let’s try to add other columns
So, we cannot add more than two columns while the List of values Type is SQL Query.
Now try with the Shared component.
- Type: Shared Component
- List of Values: List from shared component
- Go to Shared Components
- List of Values
- Click on Create List of values
- Name it
- Put your SQL query like below
Select ename, Deptno, sal, hiredate, empno from emp ;
Define Column Mapping
- Display Column
- Return Column
- Additional Display Columns
- Select the desired columns to display
- Go to Page Item
- Select the list of values from shared components
- Changing Dialog Title
- Adding Icons to display column To add display icons in with display column try below query to LIST of Values entry
SELECT ename, deptno, sal, hiredate, empno, 'fa fa-user' icon FROM emp;
Setup icon in Column Mapping
If you have any column index which can improve search through POP UP LOV, then select Oracle Text Column.
Download Sample application