Usage of Application Item | Oracle APEX Application Item:
- Application items are not associated with a page and therefore have no user interface properties.
- You can create a global variable by creating an application-level item with the same name across all applications and setting the scope to Global.
- For Security, Session State Protection, select Restricted.
- You can create an application item from Shared Components to Application Items.
- There is no option to modify attributes like a global page or a normal page.
How to get the application item value on the page?
Page Item :
- Page item is also part of an HTML form.
- Page items can be a text field, text area, password, select list, checkbox, and so on. Item attributes affect the display of items on a page.
- Page Items are Placed on a Single Page.
- Users can not use page items as a global Variable or It can’t render all over the Application like Global Page Item.